The finalists for the 2013 Hugo Awards will be announced on Saturday, March 30. The announcements will be made simultaneously at four science fiction conventions an also on a special CoverItLive internet feed hosted by TheHugoAwards.org
The nominations will be announced at these conventions and sites:
- Online coverage at TheHugoAwards.org (Coverage begins shortly before 1 PM PDT)
- Norwescon 36, one of the Pacific Northwest’s premier science fiction and fantasy conventions, in Seatac, WA (1 PM PDT)
- Minicon 48, Minnesota’s longest-running science fiction convention, in Bloomington, MN (3 PM CDT)
- Marcon 48, the Midwest’s largest annual convention, in Columbus, OH (4 PM EDT)
- EightSquaredCon, the British National Science Fiction Convention (Eastercon), in Bradford, England (8 PM GMT)
Participation in the Hugo Awards nominating process is at an all-time high, with 1,343 valid nominating ballots cast this year, substantially exceeding the previous record of 1,101 set in 2012 by Chicon 7.
Once the nominees are announced, the final ballot voting will commence. Attending, Young Adult, Military, and Supporting members of LoneStarCon 3 will be able to cast final ballots until Wednesday, July 31, 2013, 11:59 PM EDT. The winners will be announced on Sunday, September 1, 2013, during the Hugo Awards Ceremony at LoneStarCon 3.
More information is available in the full LoneStarCon 3 announcement.
CoverItLive coverage of the 2013 Hugo Awards Announcement is made possible through a grant from Chicon 7 to cover event hosting costs.